Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Insubordination will get you ahead in your job

McClane and the guy from Family Matters both achieve great success in Die Hard. The main catalyst for this success was not giving a f*** and disobeying orders. They did the job THEIR way, and if it meant blowing up a building, compromising the safety of others by jabbering on an open walkie-talkie line, killing anyone they wanted, or mouthing off to their superior then so the hell be it.

This kind of reminds me of my attitude at work. The other day, my boss brought me into his office, pounded on his desk and said, "That little stunt you pulled at the copy machine cost us four reams of paper, twenty dollars of ink, and backed up accounting's orders for two hours! But, by God, you get the job done." I asked him if the mayor was up his ass about it, and he blushed and told me to leave the room. So, I think the mayor really was up his ass recently. What a couple of rascals!

No comments:

Post a Comment