Monday, July 20, 2009

New technology is always confusing

Check out the screen grab of McClane trying to figure out how to use a touch screen. The man looks like he is trying to decipher a quantum physics equation written in ancient Latin. Imagine giving McClane an iPhone - he would probably beat you over the head with it.

New technology is always scary to people, and quite frankly I am still getting used to some of this shit. I've had a GPS in my car for almost two years and I still find myself talking to the GPS lady like she is sitting next to me in the car. Worse, I feel bad when she has to "recalculate" the directions when I divert to pick up a pack of smokes on my way to the strip club. I feel like she is disappointed in me - not for objectifying women - but for making her redo the directions. I mean, if she didn't want me to go to the strip club, she wouldn't tell me turn-by-turn how to get there, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment