Wednesday, June 24, 2009

No news is good Huey Lewis and the News


My favorite actor in Die Hard has to be Huey Lewis. He plays one of the terrorists, and is probably pretty high up on the terrorist chain because he is such an awesome singer. His songs have been in movies before - like that one song "Back in Time" from Back to the Future. What made that a really cool decision by the filmmakers was how the song's lyrics related to the plot of the movie. Because Marty McFly was actually about to go back in time. You probably didn't notice it - it took me four or five viewings before it hit me. In the literary world, using that song would be a discreet and subtle sign of foreshadowing. No need to thank me, I just have an ear for these sort of things.

Throughout Die Hard I was totally waiting for Huey Lewis to break out in a song, something like "Shards of Glass Don't Feel Good on Your Feet", or, "Inside the Vault are Bearer Bonds Worth a Lot of Money". Both of those would have been good song ideas, but I guess the filmmakers didn't want to give away too much of the plot, otherwise crafty viewers like me would have been wise to the rest of the movie.

My friend told me that is not actually Huey Lewis in the film, so I looked it up on IMDb and it said it actually is this dude named Dennis Hayden. I don't believe it. IMDb has been wrong before - I was once on an episode of Cops and I didn't get credit for it. The website probably didn't recognize me, though, because my face was digitally blacked out, I was wearing football pants, and I had three knife wounds in my shoulder courtesy of that crooked cock-fighting bookie. That was quite a weekend!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm its 3yrs and noone has told you that it was for sure not Huey Lewis in Die Hard?

    http://www.angelfire.com/biz/dennishayden/

    It was not him. End of Story.Fini.

    ReplyDelete