Sunday, August 16, 2009

Leadership qualities are a must in any job

Hans Gruber probably has an awesome resume. Well, he would have if he hadn't fallen off a building. He was able to successfully round up dozens of drunk hostages, extract billions of dollars worth of shit from a safe, and coordinate and lead many terrorists from different ethnicities and backgrounds. All while sitting from a desk. His undoing was incompetence that he could not control - one American cowboy running amuk while his idiot subordinates couldn't shoot him even when they had two minutes to line up a shot on a roof. Hans has to take shit into his OWN hands by making sure explosives were properly wired and packing up the goods after his associates get gunned down.

That type of initiative shows drive and leadership qualities, all good things to highlight on a resume. I don't have any hostage-taking experience so I have no idea what to put on my resume as far as leadership is concerned. The best I came up with was I am a level 80 Blood Elf Mage that once led a successful raid on a troll brigade in the dark realms of Elwynn Forest. My team put their lives in my hands and I did not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment