Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Murdering people is okay, provided you inscribe a Christmas joke on the corpse


I have never murdered anyone, nor do I plan to. I fall into the Seinfeld category, where if I really, really hated someone, I would opt for years of subtle mind games on the victim. Insanity trumps lack of breathing. Still, if an intruder ever barged into my house (god forbid) and I was forced to defend my keep against the hostiles, I would certainly need to finish my self defense spree with a little humor to keep my own sanity. (Like that? In the literary world we call that "coming full circle").

When McClane kills the blond terrorist from a workout video, he scribbled "Ho, Ho, Ho" on his lifeless corpse. Bloody brilliant. Helps McClane keep a level head. I mean, he just killed a man, right? He just saved himself 30 years of therapy bills with a little holiday humor. I have decided that if an intruder enters my home and I shoot him up to kingdom come, I really hope it is around a holiday, such as Easter. Then I can write, "Only one person rose from the dead at this time of year" or something like that. Then me and the cops will have a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment