Monday, May 25, 2009

Airline Employees are Notoriously Easy

Say what you want about McClane, but the guy knows how to pick up chicks that work for the airline. He often does so without trying, such as in Die Hard 2 when an airport desk employee basically offers her eggs for fertilization after McClane rudely grabs a telephone and then playfully acts like he doesn't know how to use a fax machine (note: this was 1990, EVERYONE knew how to use a fax machine. I can't believe she fell for that). That method of courtship, however, required talking on McClane's part, which is a little too much effort if you ask me. Hence, take a look at the scene in Die Hard 1, in which McClane removes a giant stuffed bear from the overhead storage compartment:


Does this look like a woman that simply wishes to thank you for flying Promiscuous Airlines? The last time I was on a plane, the only look I got from a flight attendant was one of utter disdain when I tried to turn on my iPod during takeoff. There was no smoldering eye contact or "meet me in the airport bar for $8.5o beers". I was thoroughly confused. Then I realized I had forgotten to pack my three-foot tall teddy bear with the red bow. Crap. That definitely would have been the deal breaker.

You know exactly what the bear is thinking right now - "Don't do it, McClane. If this happens, you will have to find a large tree to scratch yourself on, ASAP."

No comments:

Post a Comment